10.16.2009

ChemToolBox.com Agora Forum Troubleshooting

Uploaded Agora Forum for Joomla! 1.5 but having some problems.  Seems that Agora is coded in PHP5 and my server host is configured for PHP4.  When trying to post to the forum the following message appears:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/r/p/k/rpkopreski/html/CHEMTOOLBOX/components/com_agora/helpers/emailprocessor.php on line 5


I had originally a similar error even dealing with syncing to my user list with Agora and found a solution on the agora forum.  However, it appears there are going to be a slew of problems associated with forcing Agora to play nice with PHP4 so I called GoDaddy and found I can change my server to run PHP5 by going to:

Hosting Manager --> Content --> Add On Languages

However, this may destroy every damn Joomla! site I am currently hosting.  And I'm not sure yet how it will play out so I need to track this carefully.  Takes up to 24hrs to propagate on the server so more to come....


Okay, that was fast!  So far it looks like the posting problem is instantly fixed!  Of course this may have broken something else somewhere, but I will have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment